The pool manager, lifeguards or staff on duty will enforce rules. They have the right to restrict activities that may be unsafe or create excessive disturbances. Disciplinary procedures are taken at the discretion of the lifeguard, manager or staff member depending on the nature and severity of the infraction. Parents will be notified when a child’s infraction results in disciplinary action. To ensure everyone’s safety and enjoyment, the following procedures may be taken to enforce the pool rules:
a. Warning will be given
b. Time out of the pool.
c. Exclusion from the pool area for 1 day.
d. Suspension from the pool area for a longer period of time
General Facility Rules
1. The Strattonwood Swim Club staff shall have the authority to enforce all rules.
2. Persons failing to follow the rules are subject to removal from the premises.
3. No owner will be allowed to use the facilities until all dues, assessments and outstanding fees are paid in full.
4. Owners are responsible for making sure all family members and guests are aware of (and follow!) the rules.
5. Entry to Strattonwood during General Swim Session is through the front door
6. Upon each visit to the facility, owners must sign in and have an updated emergency form on file for their family.
7. Owners are responsible for any damages caused by their families and guests.
8. Children not in the company of a parent, guardian, or babysitter (who is 13 years or older) will not be allowed in the facility unless, in the judgment of the lifeguard, they are water safe and able to use the facilities with minimum supervision. 8 years old or older is our suggested guideline for unsupervised children.
9. Swearing, coarse or abusive language is strictly prohibited.
10. Behavior that is distracting or harassing to staff on duty will not be permitted.
11. Behavior that restricts the enjoyment of others using the pool will not be permitted.
12. The Strattonwood Swim Club is not responsible for loss or theft of personal property.
13. Alcohol, tobacco or other drugs are not allowed on Strattonwood Swim Club property.
14. No pets allowed.
15. Glass, ceramic or other breakable containers are not allowed inside the fenced area or the main building.
16. The office area, pump/chemical rooms & storage sheds are off limits to unauthorized personnel.
17. Let the lifeguard know if you would like to use the barbeque. Clean up the barbeque and tools after use and put them back in the shed. Please let the lifeguard know if the propane is running low.
18. Lounge chairs may not be reserved for long periods of time. Adults have priority for lounge chairs over children who are in the water.
19. Please return lounge chairs and clean up your picnic area before leaving.
20. Do not expect the lifeguards to answer the phone. The office phone is for business purposes only.
21. A maximum of 8 guests on site per day is allowed. If an owner brings more than 8 guests, a pool party fee will be assessed.
22. Upon each visit to the facility, owners must sign in their guests, including documenting emergency contact information for each individual guest as requested on the sign in form.
23. All guests must be introduced to the lifeguard.
24. Guests may be denied admittance if crowded conditions warrant. The judgment of the Pool Manager or Senior Guard shall be final.
No owner may be denied admittance to the pool secondary to overcrowding by guests.
In the event of overcrowding, guests will be asked to leave in reverse order of arrival.
25. A maximum of 40 guests per season is allowed at no charge. Owners will be assessed a fee of $2 for each additional guest.
26. In an EMERGENCY call 911.
27. First Aid Kits are located in the office and on the pool deck. Ask a lifeguard for assistance.
Swimming Pool Rules
28. No one is allowed in the swimming pool when lifeguards or attendants are not present.
29. During adult swim sessions, children are not allowed in the swimming pool.
30. Everyone must take a cleansing shower before using the pool.
31. After applying suntan lotion, please wait at least five minutes before entering the pool.
32. Diapers must be changed in the restrooms, and bathers wearing diapers need to have tight fitting protective coverings.
33. If you have a communicable disease that can be transmitted by water, or have been ill with diarrhea or vomiting in the last two weeks do not use the pool.
34. As a safety precaution, swimmers may be asked to perform a swim test.
35. Bathers with seizure, heart or circulatory problems are advised to swim with a buddy.
36. Do not use the pool when under the influence of alcohol or drugs.
37. Water wings are NOT allowed in the pool.
38. Clothing may not be worn over swimsuits while in the pool. This inhibits a person’s ability to swim. Items intended to be worn for warmth while swimming, such as rash guards and wetsuits, are permitted.
39. No running on deck or horseplay in the pool. No “chicken fights” or riding on shoulders.
40. No diving from the side of the pool, except in water that is 5’ or greater in depth.
41. No food or drinks, including gum, are allowed in the pool.
42. Only proficient swimmers are allowed to go on the slide.
a. Only one person at a time is permitted on the slide.
b. Those waiting for a turn must wait on the pool deck near the bottom of the slide.
c. Before sliding, each person must wait at the top of the slide until swimmers in the water below have cleared the area.
d. Slide feet first, sitting up only.
e. Playing in the pool area below the slide is not permitted while the slide is in use.
43. If lightning strikes, the pool will close for 30 minutes as mandated by the American Red Cross.
Diving Board Rules (weight limit 250 lbs)
44. Only one person at a time is permitted on the diving board.
45. Each person must wait until the preceding diver has cleared the area before diving.
46. Only one bounce is permitted on the diving board except during instructional activity, under the supervision of a diving instructor.
47. Front dives and front flips are allowed straight off the end of the board.
48. No back, inward or reverse dives.
49. No back, inward or reverse flips.
50. Cartwheels and handstands are prohibited.
51. Running dives are not allowed.
52. Jumping off the diving board into the arms of another swimmer is not permitted, except during instructional activity.
53. Playing or swimming in the diving area is not permitted while board is in use.
54. Hanging off the end of the board is not permitted.
55. As a safety precaution, before diving, divers may be asked to pass a swim test.
56. The manager or lifeguards on duty may restrict certain dives based on safety concerns.
57. Diving blocks are for swim team and swim lessons only.
58. Persons failing to follow rules are subject to removal from the premises.
Wading Pool Rules
59. The Wading Pool may only be used by children 6 YEARS OF AGE AND UNDER with their adult supervisor.
60. No one is allowed in the wading pool when lifeguards or attendants are not present.
61. The wading pool is closed to everyone during swim lessons, adult swim sessions, swim meets and swim team practice.
62. No running jumps or diving into the wading pool.
63. No furniture in the wading pool.
64. No food or drinks are allowed in the wading pool.
65. Everyone must take a cleansing shower before using the pool.
66. If you have a communicable disease that can be transmitted by water, or have been ill with diarrhea or vomiting in the last two weeks, do not use the pool.
67. Bathers with seizure, heart or circulatory problems are advised to swim with a buddy.
68. Diapers must be changed in the restrooms, and bathers wearing diapers need to have tight fitting protective coverings.
69. RELEVANT SWIMMING POOL RULES ALSO APPLY.
70. Any notes of concern should first be taken to the manager. Further areas of concern can be addressed with the appropriate board member by putting it in writing (via email or a letter placed in their folder in the office) or by bringing your concern before the entire Board of Directors at the next available Board meeting.